311-ALERT email
get involved

I want to Sell My Home


What I need to do for Schwenksville Borough          

  1. In Schwenksville Borough before you sell a residential home you will need to apply for a Residential Property Transfer Permit which is a use and occupancy permit.   A non-exhaustive list of what is typically inspected is contained in Chapter 121 of the Schwenksville Borough Codified Code.   However, properties are required to comply with all applicable Borough Ordinances and this list is non-exhaustive. The Cost of the Application is found in our Fee Schedule.  All follow-up inspections require an additional fee per inspection.      Inspections are conducted by the Borough’s Third Party Building Code Official responsible for Building Permits, Inspection and Code Enforcement.   Currently that provider is Barry Isett & Associates.
  2. Excluding Condos in the Spring Mountain Summit Development, you will need to have your Sanitary Sewer Lateral Inspected in accordance with Chapter 28 of the Schwenksville Borough Codified Code.   The application which is to be submitted to the Borough Authority located at 298 Main Street, Schwenksville, PA 19473  can be downloaded from the Borough Authority website.   This process can be undertaken simultaneous with the Borough Property Transfer Permit.  Or here
  3. Non-refundable Payments to Schwenksville Borough may be made the following ways:
    1. Personal/Business Check Made out to Schwenksville Borough and mailed or dropped through the mail slot at 300 Main Street, Schwenksville, PA 19473 [Borough Hall]
    2.  MuniciPay  via Credit Card – 2.65% or $3.00 minimum charge whichever is greater.
    3. MuniciPay via E-Check – flat $1.50 charge.
    4. Cash by appointment only.
  4.  After submitting the Residential Property Transfer Permit Application and the required payment to Schwenksville Borough attention Gail Phillips,  you will receive an email with instructions for scheduling the Inspection by Barry Isett. 
  5. If the property does not pass inspection by Barry Isett and requires additional inspections, an Application for Additional Inspection will be necessary at an additional charge.
  6. If the property passes the inspection by Barry Isett and the Borough receives confirmation from the Borough Authority that the sewer lateral has passed inspection, the Borough will issue a U&O Permit for settlement.
  7.  Transfer Only Permits with a time period for compliance to be achieved prior to occupancy can be issued on a case by case basis for unique circumstances.