I want to install a Swimming Pool deeper than 24” For a Residential Use
What I need to do for Schwenksville Borough
- Schwenksville Borough adopted the Uniform Construction Code (UCC) of Pennsylvania as stated in Chapter 71 of the Schwenksville Borough Codified Code. The Uniform Construction Code utilizes the 2015 International Swimming Pool & Spa Code
- A Zoning Permit is required for any change in use, new use (such as a residential accessory use like a pool); or the location, construction, erection or expansion of any structure, including swimming pools and spas. The purpose of the Zoning Permit is to make sure that the proposed use and the location and size of the project complies with the Borough’s Zoning Regulations. The most important part of the Zoning Permit is the information you provide on your plot plan. A sample plot plan is available so you know what information we want.
- A Pool Permit is required because pools deeper than 24” are regulated by the YOU’RE Your permit application(s) will be reviewed for compliance with the UCC by the Borough’s Third Party Building Code Officer. It is important for you to attach the specifications for the type of pool or spa you wish to install because additional permits may or may not be needed depending on your existing yard, the type of ladder, the type of filter and other variables. Other Permits that you might need include:
- Fee Schedule:
- Zoning Permit -$75.00
- Pool Permit
- Above Ground Pool -$35 + $15 per $1,000 cost of pool
- In Ground Pool - $50 + $15 per $1,000 cost of pool
- Hot Tub/Spa – $35 + $15 per $1,000 cost of pool
- Electric Permit for Pool Pumps/Filter Operations - $50.000
- Fence Permit -$75.00
- All UCC Permits are charged $4.50 for the PA Dept. of Labor and $10.00 Administrative Fee for Schwenksville Borough.
E.g. In expensive Above Ground Pool with Electric Pump/Filter Operation with existing fence or approved ladder system = a)$75.00 +b) $35.00 +$15.00+ $4.50 +$10.00 +d) $50.00+ $4.50+$10. Total Permit Fees involved =$204.00. The Pool & Zoning Permits are valid each successive year for subject pools that are taken down and put back up each year in same spot.
5. Non-refundable Payments to Schwenksville Borough may be made the following ways:
1. Personal Check Made out to Schwenksville Borough and mailed or dropped through the mail slot at 300 Main Street, Schwenksville, PA 19473 [Borough Hall]
2. MuniciPay via Credit Card – 2.65% or $3.00 minimum charge whichever is greater.
3. MuniciPay via E-Check – flat $1.50 charge.
4. Cash by appointment only.