The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Current Fee Schedules4 documents
- Facilities Rentals - Fee Schedule Policy and Fee Schedule
- Electronic Sign Usage - Fee Schedule Fees for use of Electronic Sign
- Communications Facilities - Fee Schedule
- 2023 Fee Schedule
Pay for your Permit On-line1 document
Property Sales Permits5 documents
- Application for Real Estate Sales Permit To be submitted when selling or transferring any real estate in the Borough.
- Application for Additional Inspection To be submitted if additional inspection is required due to failure of previous inspection
- Temporary Access or Occupancy Permit Application
- Borough Authority - Sewer Lateral Inspection Form Please submit this to the Authority at 298 Main Street
- Borough Authority -Private Sewer Lateral Repair Report Borough Ordinance - Required by Schwenksville Borough Ordinance
Business & Rental Property Forms4 documents
- Application for Additional Use & Occupancy Inspection
- Residential Rental Registration Form Rental Registration Form completed annually by Landlords
- Application for Residential Rental Use & Occupancy Permit To be submitted upon change of residential tenants
- Application for Business Use & Occupancy Permit To be submitted upon change of commerical tenants
Construction & Road Opening Permits8 documents
- Application for Road Opening Permit To be submitted for any projects within any road Right-Of-Way or Borough easement
- Construction Permit Application All Building (including roofing), Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Projects
- Stormwater Management Application For all DEP Regulated Activities - All Earth moving, Construction, Paving Activities must Apply
- Workers Compensation Insurance Coverage Information/Exemption Form
- Sidewalk Restoration Detail Specifications for Sidwalk Construction
- Application for Escrow
- Road Restoration Detail Design Specifications for Road Restoration
- Notice of Proposed Improvements
Zoning Permits/Appeals6 documents
- Application for Zoning Permit Note: If UCC work is being completed, zoning review will be done as part of that application. This permit is only for zoning only projects.
- Current Zoning Map
- Sample Site/Plot Plan for Zoning Permit
- Conditional Use Application Application before Council for Conditional Use
- Zoning Hearing Board Application Application for Zoning Appeal
- Solicitors/Peddler's Permit Application Zoning - For anyone doing door to door sales in the Borough
Land Development Applications4 documents
- Subdivision & Land Development Application SALDO Ordinance Compliance - For Subdivision or Non-residential Development of Land or Re-Development
- Contract for Professional Services Agreement Required for SALDO but can be Used for Establishment of any kind of Escrow
- Application for Escrow
- Montgomery County Municipal Request For Review ACT 247 Review - All SALDO Applications
When planning a project, it is a good idea to contact the Borough and inquire as to whether or not you need a permit and how the process works. Any property owner who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system must first apply to the Borough for the necessary permits.
BUILDING PERMITS are required for:
- New home construction
- Deck or Porch
- Swimming Pools
- Interior or exterior structural alterations to an existing building
- Accessory Buildings of 250 sf or greater
- Interior renovations
- Mechanical: HVAC, Fireplace, wood stove, or gas fireplace installations
BUILDING PERMITS are not required for:
- Exterior replacement windows, doors and siding which are materials in kind.
ZONING PERMITS are required for:
- All building permits excluding only mechanical, only electric and only plumbing
- Demolition of a structure
- Paver patios
- Sheds of all sizes
- Home Occupations
- Accessory Family Apartments
- Change in Use or an added use
- Commercial Change in Tenant
- Communications Facilities
Any regulated activity, site construction or grading activity requires a Stormwater Management Permit Application for review. Any construction or regulated activity cumulative since 2014 of 2500 square feet or more is subject to Stormwater regulations and requires a Stormwater Management Plan Review.
All Zoning applications must be accompanied by a site layout plan drawn to scale showing location of all road frontages, existing buildings, sidewalks, driveways in addition to the proposed construction with setback measurements. Engineered plans may be required.
All Building applications must be accompanied by plans showing work being done and including specified materials. Sealed plans may be required. After zoning approval, your building plans are reviewed by a Third Party certified building inspector knowledgeable in required codes. When your permit is issued, you will be provided with a checklist of all required inspections, which may be scheduled by calling the Third Party Provider. You will receive directions for contacting the Third Party Provider after the application is determined to be administratively complete.
It is essential to obtain all required permits. Any work performed without the necessary permits will be subject to double permit fees or a failed re-sale use and occupancy certificate.
Every permit issued becomes void if work is not in progress within 180 days after issuance or if work is not completed within one year. Permit extensions are available upon written request.
Dan DeMeno- Zoning Officer
300 Main Street
Schwenksville, PA 19473
Phone: (610) 287-7442
The Borough utilizes Barry Isett & Associates as its Building Code Official and Third Party Code Enforcement Provider.
ALL PERMIT APPLICATIONS ARE SUBMITTED THROUGH SCHWENKSVILLE BOROUGH AND ALL PAYMENTS ARE PAYABLE TO SCHWENKSVILLE BOROUGH. Proof of Workers Compensation Insurance is required with an application or an exemption form must be completed and submitted. Applications are available from the drop down menu above. Please review the Fee Schedule. Payments are due prior to issuance.
34 Pa. Code § 403.121The board of appeals shall hear and rule on appeals, requests for variances and requests for extensions of time. An application for appeal shall be based on a claim that the true intent of the act or Uniform Construction Code has been incorrectly interpreted, the provisions of the act or Uniform Construction Code do not fully apply or an equivalent form of construction is to be used. Schwenksville Borough is a member of a regional UCC Board of Appeals. Applications are filed with Schwenksville Borough.
Property Maintenance Complaint?
Schwenksville Borough's Property Maintenance Program is primarily complaint driven. Violations are also detected by drive through of the Borough by Castle Valley and Borough representatives. To initiate a Property Maintenance complaint, please submit a Reporting a Concern Form.
Selling or Buying a Home?
Residential Property Transfer Permits are required. Code violations determined by the Schwenksville Borough Code Official will need to be corrected before Schwenksville Borough will issue a Use & Occupancy Permit for a new owner. Transfer Only Permits can be requested for unique circumstances and are considered on a case by case basis. If the property fails the first inspection, an additional inspection may be required.
Landlords—Register Your Tenants
Landlords are required to register tenants with the Borough annually and notify the Borough when there is a change in occupancy. Rental Units also must be inspected PRIOR TO OCCUPANCY. Please remember to complete a Rental Unit Use and Occupancy Permit Application.