The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Current Fee Schedules4 documents
Rental Property Permits, Forms & Documents5 documents
- Application for additional U&O Inspecton
- TENANT REGISTRATION FORM Registration - Registration required to verify occupancy of property
- Rental Inspection Application Application for Residential Certificate of Occupancy for a Rental Unit
- Change of Tenancy Notification Registration - Used to Keep Contacts Up-to-date and for Earned Income Tax
- COMMERCIAL CHANGE IN TENANT OR USE Use * Occupancy - Inspection Required
Property Sales Permits6 documents
- Residential Property Transfer Application Use & Occupancy - Inspection Required
- Application for Additional Inspection Re-Inspection Form
- 2019 Commercial Property Sale/Transfer Application UCCC for Use & Occupancy - Inspection Required
- Private Sewer Lateral Inspection Form 2016 Borough Ordinance - Application made to Schwenksville Water & Sewer Authority, required by Borough Ordinance
- SBA-Privae Sewer Lateral Repair Report 2016 Borough Ordinance - Required by Schwenksville Borough Ordinance
- TEMPORARY OCCUPANCY PERMIT Use & Occupancy - Required if some of the Repairs are to be completed after settlement
Zoning Permits[use, structures, fence, signs] & Documents9 documents
- Fence Permit Application
- COMMERCIAL CHANGE IN TENANT OR USE Zoning - The new use of the space is reviewed for compliance with the Zoning Ordinance ; and an Inspection is performed.
- Zoning Permit Application Zoning - New Uses, Accessory Uses, Accessory Structures, new structures; other
- ZONING SAMPLE SITE (Plot) Plan for Zoning Permit
- Current Zoning Map
- Sign Application for Certificate of Zoning Compliance Zoning - Prior to purchasing a sign, the sign Permit be applied for to determine compliance with the zoning ordinance.
- Zoning Appeal Application Zoning - Use for Zoning Appeals and Requests for Variances
- Conditional Use Application Zoning - For Uses only permitted by Conditional use Approval
- Solicitors/Peddler's Permit Application Zoning - For anyone doing door to door sales in the Borough
Building Permits/Construction/HOPS14 documents
- Construction Permit for Single Trade Projects Use this permit for Single Trade Projects
- Comprehensive UCC Building Permit Application Use this for Multi-Trade Projects, Fire Suppression and Solar Projects
- UCC Electrical Permit Application For Electrical Only Projects
- UCC Plumbing and Mechanical Permit Application Use this for Plumbing and/or Mechanical Only Projects
- Roofing Permit Application UCC Repair or Replace Permit Application
- Stormwater Management Application For all DEP Regulated Activities - All Earth moving, Construction, Paving Activities must Apply
- Workers Compensation Insurance Coverage Information/Exemption Form
- Swimming Pool Permit
- Application to replace or install Sidewalk, Curbing, driveway apron UCC - Repair or Replace
- Sidewalk Restoration Detail Specifications for Sidwalk Construction
- Road Opening_R-O_W Application Right –of-way Management - Mostly USED by Utilities doing work in R-O-W
- Application for Escrow_Fillable
- Road Restoration Detail Design Specifications for Road Restoration
- Notice of Proposed Improvements
Land Development Applications4 documents
- Subdivision & Land Development Application SALDO Ordinance Compliance - For Subdivision or Non-residential Development of Land or Re-Development
- contract-for-professional-services-agreement Required for SALDO but can be Used for Establishment of any kind of Escrow
- APPLICATION FOR ESCROW
- Montgomery County Municipal Request For Review ACT 247 Review - All SALDO Applications
When planning a project, it is a good idea to contact the Borough and inquire as to whether or not you need a permit and how the process works. Any property owner who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system must first apply to the Borough for the necessary permits.
BUILDING PERMITS are required for:
- New home construction
- Deck or Porch
- Swimming Pools
- Interior or exterior structural alterations to an existing building
- Accessory Buildings of 250 sf or greater
- Interior renovations
- Mechanical: HVAC, Fireplace, wood stove, or gas fireplace installations
BUILDING PERMITS are not required for:
- Exterior replacement windows, doors and siding which are materials in kind.
ZONING PERMITS are required for:
- All building permits excluding only mechanical, only electric and only plumbing
- Demolition of a structure
- Paver patios
- Sheds of all sizes
- Home Occupations
- Accessory Family Apartments
- Change in Use or an added use
- Commercial Change in Tenant
- Communications Facilities
Any regulated activity, site construction or grading activity requires a Stormwater Management Permit Application for review. Any construction or regulated activity cumulative since 2014 of 2500 square feet or more is subject to Stormwater regulations and requires a Stormwater Management Plan Review.
All Zoning applications must be accompanied by a site layout plan drawn to scale showing location of all road frontages, existing buildings, sidewalks, driveways in addition to the proposed construction with setback measurements. Engineered plans may be required. Signsand Fences have separate application forms.
All Building applications must be accompanied by plans showing work being done and including specified materials. Sealed plans may be required. After zoning approval, your building plans are reviewed by a Third Party certified building inspector knowledgeable in required codes. When your permit is issued, you will be provided with a checklist of all required inspections, which may be scheduled by calling the Third Party Provider.
It is essential to obtain all required permits. Any work performed without the necessary permits will be subject to double permit fees or a failed re-sale use and occupancy certificate.
Every permit issued becomes void if work is not in progress within 180 days after issuance or if work is not completed within one year. Permit extensions are available upon written request.
ZoningAll Building, Electric, Plumbing & Mechanical Permits
Castle Valley Consultants -Third Party BCO & Code Enforcement
610-469-8414, Option 2
ALL PERMIT APPLICATIONS ARE SUBMITTED THROUGH SCHWENKSVILLE BOROUGH AND ALL PAYMENTS ARE PAYABLE TO SCHWENKSVILLE BOROUGH. Proof of Workers Compensation Insurance is required with an application or an exemption form must be completed and submitted.
34 Pa. Code § 403.121The board of appeals shall hear and rule on appeals, requests for variances and requests for extensions of time. An application for appeal shall be based on a claim that the true intent of the act or Uniform Construction Code has been incorrectly interpreted, the provisions of the act or Uniform Construction Code do not fully apply or an equivalent form of construction is to be used. Schwenksville Borough is a member of a regional UCC Board of Appeals. Applications are filled with Schwenksville Borough.
Property Maintenance Complaint?
Schwenksville Borough's Property Maintenance Program is primarily complaint driven. Violations are also detected by drive through of the Borough by Castle Valley and Borough representatives. To initiate a Property Maintenance complaint, please submit a Reporting a Concern Form.
Selling or Buying a Home?
Residential Property Transfer Permits are required. Code violations determined by the Schwenksville Borough Code Official will need to be corrected before Schwenksville Borough will issue a Use & Occupancy Permit for a new owner. Transfer Only Permits can be requested for unique circumstances and are considered on a case by case basis. If the property fails the first inspection, an additional inspection may be required.
Landlords—Register Your Tenants
Landlords are required to register tenants with the Borough annually and notify the Borough when there is a change in occupancy. Rental Units also must be inspected PRIOR TO OCCUPANCY. Please remember to complete a Rental Unit Use and Occupancy Permit Application.
Annual Tenant Registration Form.
Change of Tenancy Notification
Rental Unit Use & Occupancy Permit Application
Commercial Change-in-Tenancy Permit ApplicationAdditional Inspection Application