The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Current Fee Schedules5 documents
Pay for your Permit On-line1 document
Property Sales Permits6 documents
- Residential Property Transfer Application Use & Occupancy - Inspection Required
- Application for Additional Inspection Re-Inspection Form
- Temporary Access or Occupancy Permit Application
- 2021 Sewer Authority's Sewer Lateral Inspection form Please submit this to the Authority at 298 Main Street
- SBA-Privae Sewer Lateral Repair Report 2016 Borough Ordinance - Required by Schwenksville Borough Ordinance
- Commercial or Mixed Use Property Transfer (Non-Residential)
Rental Property Permits, Forms & Documents5 documents
- Application for additional U&O Inspecton
- Rental Registration Form [completed annually] Rental Registration Form completed annually by Landlords
- Change in Tenancy Form Completed and Submitted with with U& O Application Prior to Occupancy
- Rental Inspection Application Application for Residential Certificate of Occupancy for a Rental Unit
- COMMERCIAL CHANGE IN TENANT OR USE Use * Occupancy - Inspection Required
Building Permits/Construction/HOPS13 documents
- Construction Permit for Single Trade Projects Use this permit for Single Trade Projects
- Comprehensive UCC Building Permit Application Use this for Multi-Trade Projects, Fire Suppression and Solar Projects
- UCC Electrical Permit Application For Electrical Only Projects
- UCC Plumbing and Mechanical Permit Application Use this for Plumbing and/or Mechanical Only Projects
- Roofing Permit Application UCC Repair or Replace Permit Application
- Road Opening/HOP Application
- POOL PERMIT
- Stormwater Management Application For all DEP Regulated Activities - All Earth moving, Construction, Paving Activities must Apply
- Workers Compensation Insurance Coverage Information/Exemption Form
- Sidewalk Restoration Detail Specifications for Sidwalk Construction
- Application for Escrow_Fillable
- Road Restoration Detail Design Specifications for Road Restoration
- Notice of Proposed Improvements
Zoning Permits/Appeals[use, structures, fence, signs] & Commercial Change in Use11 documents
- COMMERCIAL CHANGE IN TENANT OR USE Zoning - The new use of the space is reviewed for compliance with the Zoning Ordinance ; and an Inspection is performed.
- Current Zoning Map
- Fence Permit Application
- Sign Application for Certificate of Zoning Compliance Zoning - Prior to purchasing a sign, the sign Permit be applied for to determine compliance with the zoning ordinance.
- Zoning Permit Application Zoning - New Uses, Accessory Uses, Accessory Structures, new structures; other
- Grid Paper to use for Plot Plan
- ZONING SAMPLE SITE (Plot) Plan for Zoning Permit
- POOL PERIT APPLCIATION Comprehensive Pool Permit Application
- Conditional Use Application Application before Council for Conditional Use
- Zoning Hearing Board Application Application for Zoning Appeal
- Solicitors/Peddler's Permit Application Zoning - For anyone doing door to door sales in the Borough
Land Development Applications4 documents
- Subdivision & Land Development Application SALDO Ordinance Compliance - For Subdivision or Non-residential Development of Land or Re-Development
- contract-for-professional-services-agreement Required for SALDO but can be Used for Establishment of any kind of Escrow
- APPLICATION FOR ESCROW
- Montgomery County Municipal Request For Review ACT 247 Review - All SALDO Applications
When planning a project, it is a good idea to contact the Borough and inquire as to whether or not you need a permit and how the process works. Any property owner who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system must first apply to the Borough for the necessary permits.
BUILDING PERMITS are required for:
- New home construction
- Deck or Porch
- Swimming Pools
- Interior or exterior structural alterations to an existing building
- Accessory Buildings of 250 sf or greater
- Interior renovations
- Mechanical: HVAC, Fireplace, wood stove, or gas fireplace installations
BUILDING PERMITS are not required for:
- Exterior replacement windows, doors and siding which are materials in kind.
ZONING PERMITS are required for:
- All building permits excluding only mechanical, only electric and only plumbing
- Demolition of a structure
- Paver patios
- Sheds of all sizes
- Home Occupations
- Accessory Family Apartments
- Change in Use or an added use
- Commercial Change in Tenant
- Communications Facilities
Any regulated activity, site construction or grading activity requires a Stormwater Management Permit Application for review. Any construction or regulated activity cumulative since 2014 of 2500 square feet or more is subject to Stormwater regulations and requires a Stormwater Management Plan Review.
All Zoning applications must be accompanied by a site layout plan drawn to scale showing location of all road frontages, existing buildings, sidewalks, driveways in addition to the proposed construction with setback measurements. Engineered plans may be required. Signsand Fences have separate application forms.
All Building applications must be accompanied by plans showing work being done and including specified materials. Sealed plans may be required. After zoning approval, your building plans are reviewed by a Third Party certified building inspector knowledgeable in required codes. When your permit is issued, you will be provided with a checklist of all required inspections, which may be scheduled by calling the Third Party Provider. You will receive directions for contacting the Third Party Provider after the application is determined to be administratively complete.
It is essential to obtain all required permits. Any work performed without the necessary permits will be subject to double permit fees or a failed re-sale use and occupancy certificate.
Every permit issued becomes void if work is not in progress within 180 days after issuance or if work is not completed within one year. Permit extensions are available upon written request.
Effective May 14th, the new BCO and Third Party Code Enforcement Provider is Barry Isett & Associates. There is a sixty day transition period where the former provider will continue to close out existing permits. The Fee Schedule will be updated by Resolution of Borough Council at their July Council Meeting. Until then, the current Fee Schedule for 2021 is still in effect.
ALL PERMIT APPLICATOINS ARE SUBMITTED THROUGH SCHWENKSVILLE BOROUGH AND ALL PAYMENTS ARE PAYABLE TO SCHWENKSVILLE BOROUGH. Proof of Workers Compensation Insurance is required with an application or an exemption form must be completed and submitted. Applications are available from the drop down menu above. Please review the Fee Schedule . Building Permit Fees are calculated by BSO and payments are due prior to issuance.
34 Pa. Code § 403.121The board of appeals shall hear and rule on appeals, requests for variances and requests for extensions of time. An application for appeal shall be based on a claim that the true intent of the act or Uniform Construction Code has been incorrectly interpreted, the provisions of the act or Uniform Construction Code do not fully apply or an equivalent form of construction is to be used. Schwenksville Borough is a member of a regional UCC Board of Appeals. Applications are filled with Schwenksville Borough.
Property Maintenance Complaint?
Schwenksville Borough's Property Maintenance Program is primarily complaint driven. Violations are also detected by drive through of the Borough by Castle Valley and Borough representatives. To initiate a Property Maintenance complaint, please submit a Reporting a Concern Form.
Selling or Buying a Home?
Residential Property Transfer Permits are required. Code violations determined by the Schwenksville Borough Code Official will need to be corrected before Schwenksville Borough will issue a Use & Occupancy Permit for a new owner. Transfer Only Permits can be requested for unique circumstances and are considered on a case by case basis. If the property fails the first inspection, an additional inspection may be required.
Landlords—Register Your Tenants
Landlords are required to register tenants with the Borough annually and notify the Borough when there is a change in occupancy. Rental Units also must be inspected PRIOR TO OCCUPANCY. Please remember to complete a Rental Unit Use and Occupancy Permit Application.
Annual Tenant Registration Form. Change of Tenancy Notification
Rental Unit Use & Occupancy Permit ApplicationCommercial /mixed use Change-in-Tenancy Permit ApplicationAdditional Inspection Application